As your Mesa Dog Walkers we need to be aware of several things. After all your furry canine friends are our responsibility. So we thought we’d share with you all the things we do and don’t do when we are dog walkers in Mesa.
- DO Be Aware of your surroundings at all times. This means watching for drivers not paying attention, loud trucks in case of skittish, anxious pups and other potential desert animal life (coyotes, snakes, etc.).
- DO Keep your dog on a leash. Maricopa County has a leash law and as a responsible dog walker in Mesa, we want to obey that leash law. We will not walk dogs off leash or take them to an off leash park.
- DO Bring a bag with you to collect dog waste in case your dog leaves nature a ‘present’. And if you’re like us, you’ll be smart and take more than one bag (we learned the hard way sometimes ‘once’ isn’t all there is.) 🙂
- DO walk in the other direction if you see a strange dog approaching, especially another dog off leash!
- DO Keep your dog on sidewalks, streets and marked paths to avoid dangers to your pup.
- DON’T Talk on your cell phone while you are walking your dog. This distracts you from being aware of what is going on around you and to potential walking hazards.
- DON’T Assume the dog walking up to yours with the tail wagging is friendly. A wagging tail does not *always* mean a friendly dog!
- DON’T Let your dog go and sniff wherever it wants. There are all kinds of things to watch out for when walking like: scorpions, snakes, food, ‘bad’ plants, other dog’s poop (yep some dogs will eat it – blech) and cactus burrs/needle pods which can get caught in snouts and paws.
Our canine companions love to take walks and it’s up to us to make the walk the safest and most enjoyable it can be. So if you need a dog walking company in Mesa, give us a call knowing we are aware of all the do’s and don’ts for your fur babies.