A new dog sitting client in Mesa recently asked me if we take on all clients that we consult with and I replied no. We don’t pet sit for animals that are aggressive to people or other animals. It’s a safety issue for the sitters and other animals. We are not breed discriminatory and base our decisions to be your Mesa pet sitter on how your pets react to us at the consult.
So what makes a really good Critter Caretakers Pet Sitting client?
- Many times you think of your pet as a kid with a permanent fur coat and treat them as such.
- Your dog has more toys than you did growing up. 🙂
- Giving your cat a massage till she is drooling on herself in joy makes you smile.
- Your pets have a bed in at least two different places in your home, and a third if you count yours, which is where you’re most likely to find them anyway.
- You have special towels ‘just for the dogs’ after swim time.
- You’re not opposed to feeding your cat little shrimp pieces because you know he loves it!
- There are at least 5 half chewed dog bones lying around and at least that many de-stuffed toys, too.
- Your cat’s collar is color coordinated with your drapes.
- The lopsided grin your dog gives you when you get home from work makes everything better and you don’t mind the kisses she slobbers on you.
- No matter how ratty your dog’s favorite toy looks, you won’t throw it away because, well, it’s his favorite!
- Occasionally you’d rather snuggle to sleep with your cats than your boyfriend.
- If your dog is having an issue with some behavior, you work with her to correct it or seek out the wise advice of a trainer who can assist you.
- Instead of saving for a college fund, you’re saving to build a deluxe 2 story cat condo for Fluffy and her 3 cat siblings.
Basically what we’re trying to say is our pet sitting clients, love, love, LOVVVVE their pets. You do not see them as “just” pets, but as a part of your family. When we pet sit for your dog, cat, ferret, rabbit or whatever critter you have, we treat them just as if they were part of our pet family, too. So, if you’re looking for a pet sitter in Mesa, and this sounds like you, give us a call.