Well it’s already getting warm again here in Arizona. What’s a dog lover to do to keep their dog cool? Well your Pet sitters in Chandler have great warm weather treat ideas for your loved, spoiled dogs! Keep your beloved pet cool, refreshed and healthy with these yummy Spring snacks! Not only will your dogs love these treats, but they will be using mental stimulation to lick their way through the frozen snack!
- Try Frozen Blueberries in a Kong or mix them in with low fat plain vanilla yogurt (no sugar in it) then freeze in an ice cube tray overnight. Most dogs love ice cubes.
- Doggie Ice Cream-Mix 1 banana, 1 Tablespoon Peanut butter, and 8oz of plain vanilla yogurt (fat free or low fat). Mix in a blender and put in to 4 separate containers overnight in the freezer. In the morning you will have a yummy homemade dog safe ice cream treat! Mmmmm peanut butter ice cream!
- Here is another easy one that your pooches will enjoy! Pour Low sodium Chicken stock in ice cube trays and freeze. You can even add these to their kibble, too.
- Another idea from your dog sitter in Chandler is to take one spoonful of nonfat cottage cheese and place in ice cube tray. Place a chunk of cheddar cheese in the middle and freeze. High protein snack but not suitable for lactose intolerant dogs! Also avoid over-feeding dairy to your pups. Too much can be tough on some dog tummies.
- Is your dog not a cheese lover? Try this one: In a blender place one cup of canned Pumpkin along with one cup nonfat plain yogurt. Place in ice cube trays and Freeze.
- And we Chandler pet sitters aren’t discriminatory – we can’t forget about those loving cats out there! This treat is good for cats or dogs—Just freeze a chunk of tuna on parchment paper and serve to you loved canine or feline.
These are just some examples of yummy summer treats! Any dog safe fruits or vegetables could always be frozen and given to them alone or mixed in with low fat or nonfat plain vanilla yogurt. Mix it up and get creative!
Safe fruits for dogs include: Apple, Apricot, Banana, Blueberries, Cantaloupe, Mangos, Oranges, Pear, Pineapple, Raspberry, Strawberry, and Watermelon. AVOID Grapes and Raisins as they can cause kidney damage!
Healthy Vegetables include: Asparagus, Broccoli, Cabbage, Carrots, Cauliflower, Celery, Cucumber, Green beans, Green Pepper, Pumpkin, Spinach, and Sweet potato. AVOID Garlic, and Onions. Enjoy and spoil those four legged children in a healthy way this Spring!!! Your pet will thank you!