There are many factors that go into a pet sitting company determining their prices. Many of the pricing factors some people may not even think of or realize. While a pet sitting business is largely working with, caring for and being with pets, a lot goes on behind the scenes before we get to the actual visits.
Often pet sitting companies fold within a year or two, due to the fact that they are not truly a professional company. In order to maintain a ‘professional’ business, a reputable pet sitting company incurs the following often ongoing expenses:
- Graphic Design and marketing expenses (logo design, business cards, brochures, flyers, etc)
- Lawyer’s fees (LLC incorporation, contracts, company protection, etc.)
- Bonding and Insurance costs (company protection for the clients and their homes)
- Professional Association Fees (re-occurring monthly)
- Website expenses (re-occurring monthly)
- Payroll expenses (re-occurring monthly)
- Staff salaries (re-occurring monthly)
- Gas (a constant, haha)
- Car insurance (monthly charge)
- Printing materials (business cards, magnets, contracts, etc.)
- Copying expenses (contracts, clients’ note logs, etc.) and…
- Mailing costs (mailing contracts, marketing materials, etc.)
So if you want to know why someone who is ‘just a cat or dog sitter’ asks for the fees they do, you can now understand where the true cost of a pet sitting business lies. In order for a business to not only survive, but thrive, we need these expenses to be covered plus extra to be able to support ourselves.
And because Critter Caretakers does not want to be just another pet sitting company in Gilbert, but ‘the’ best; we price ourselves accordingly. The adage you get what you pay for is true. Contact us today to learn about our pricing and how we can offer you and your pets the exceptional pet care service you’ll come to love.